Ads 468x60px

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Modern research psychology: When Mark killed cupid love started dying‏

Internet: One of the best inventions of humanity
I am sure that internet is one of the best inventions of humanity in history. It can make you feel close to millions of people with a click or even see them in photos or better yet, see them in videos ...... even better you can make a videoconference with any place of the world thanks to engineers and satellites.
I have done videoconferences with my cousin Martin in Buenos Aires, real life 10 minute concerts with my wife and my elder daughter playing the drums in Madrid and me and Martin playing the drums in Buenos Aires, this is incredible.... not for my daughter , she hardly understands how we could live without mobile phones and playstations back in the past. One day I expalined her that when I was a teenager I had to go to a telephone booth in order to talk to my friends.... she was astonished.
However I want to share with you my feelings about the risk of internet as global social mammals. Dont forget we are humans, social mammals, and we need to share in a real way, internet can be your best friend and your worst enemy, as the image you see when you look into a mirror. One night I had a nightmare and I was scared, I didnt know why..... what was that horrible animal/human that was scaring me so much? I couldnt see anything. The last thing I remember of my dream is that I looked into a mirror and I saw my worst enemy, the only one that knows better than anybody else your fears and weaknesses..... yourself.
Nobody can warm you as much and nobody can help you as much as yourself, believe me.



When Mark killed Cupid
I am sure all of you know the genius , multi millionaire Mr. Mark Elliot Zuckerberg. For those who still dont know, please ask anybody , they will explain you who he is. The youngest man in Forbes list with a fortune of aproximately USD13.300.000 and growing day by day, click by click. 
There is no doubt , he is a genius...... after all 900 million users in 70 different languages cannot be wrong.
However his invention that changed the world for good is, in my opinion, starting to change the world to the dark side.  Let me share with you my point of view: Humans need to be human
According to a very interesting article I read in internet (of course), Facebook could be detrimental to your relationship status:
The study, which will be published in a forthcoming issue of the Journal of Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Social Networking, found that people who use Facebook excessively (interpreted by the researchers as checking it more than hourly) are more likely to "experience Facebook–related conflict with their romantic partners, which then may cause negative relationship outcomes including emotional and physical cheating, breakup and divorce" 
Russell Clayton, a doctoral student in the University of Missouri School of Journalism, and his colleagues at the University of Hawaii at Hilo and St. Mary's University in San Antonio surveyed 205 Facebook users between the ages of 18 and 82 -- 79 percent of whom reported being in a romantic relationship -- about their use of the social media site and whether or not it had instigated conflict with their current or former partners.
“Previous research has shown that the more a person in a romantic relationship uses Facebook, the more likely they are to monitor their partner’s Facebook activity more stringently, which can lead to feelings of jealousy,” Clayton said. “Facebook-induced jealousy may lead to arguments concerning past partners. Also, our study found that excessive Facebook users are more likely to connect or reconnect with other Facebook users, including previous partners, which may lead to emotional and physical cheating.”
The correlation was strongest among newer relationships; Clayton told Huffington Post Divorce via e-mail that "high levels of Facebook use is associated with negative relationship outcomes for newer couples (three years or less)."
He recommends limiting Facebook usage in order to achieve a healthy, lasting relationship.
Please dont get addict to Facebook or any other social networks, talk, share, laugh, cry, talk to people. I have learned more from a beggar that from some high status people that drive cars that can save a whole town in Africa.

Life with passion! 

2 comments:

  1. Really interesting article. I agree life is to be lived and loved with real people, not displayed to a range of pseudo-friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. That's right, live life with passion!!

      Delete

 

Web Site

Páginas vistas en total